16 Aug 2005 // An interview by Shade
Lotsa hard rock/punk bands, Nirvana, Offspring, The Smashing Pumpkins, Foo Fighters, Metallica, The Bleeders, Shihad, Motorhead, Grinspoon, Greenday... just to name a few
2. Who are the members and what do they play?
Nik Douch (drums), James Hanright (vocals/guitar) and Aaron Clark (bass/BVs)
3. How do you come up with your lyrics?
James: I think of a topic that I can relate to and try build on it, eg: brainstorm ideas in my head and write them down.
4. What inspires you the most when writing your lyrics?
James: I dunno really, if something's going on, or if I feel strongly about something, I put it into words, and then work on making it into a song.
5. Who would you most like to support live?
Nik: Metallica for sure
6. How did you come up with the name of band?
James: I thought up the name (funnily enough it was a word), and the way I saw it was with the W instead of the UI, so yah I kept it that way.
7. What can you never leave home without?
Nik: My wallet/cellphone/my signed Micael Murphy CD
8. What are your plans for the rest of this year?
Aaron: Finish recording our demo, play some all ages shows, and hopefully get enough money together to record a single.
9. What advice would you like to give other budding musicians/bands?
James: Just do what you want to do, not what others want you to do, and just enjoy it
10. What is the best part of playing in front of a live audience?
Aaron: Seeing the reaction of the crowd, and enjoying your music with members of the public.
11. What is the best live gig you have ever been to?
Nick: Metallica at the Big day out 04
12. What is your favourite place to be in NZ?
13. Which member of your band has the worst habit and what is it?
James: hmmmm thats tough, we are all so perfect
14. What is your favourite NZ venue?
Aaron: St James Theatre, Auckland
15. How was Eqwanox formed?
Nick: James and I met up at a party, said he played guitar, Aaron and I had been jamming a biyt so we all met up for a practise.
16. What rumour would you like to start about yourselves?
Aaron: That James used to be a woman
17. If you were to retire, what would you do?
Nik: I've always drempt of being a Carny, and I really wanna follow that dream when this whole music things over.