Sullen Moon Newsletter Interview
25 Jul 2005 // An interview by Shade
1. Which NZ artist/band do you think will be a huge international success one day?
I'd like to see Percy Feral and Cherry's Gemstones get big. They're two of the best bands around at the moment. From NZ or anywhere.
2. Who would you most like to tour with?
Probably Rachel Stamp, or Relaxed Muscle.
3. What is your most embarrassing concert moment?
When we had a dancer, his 'nads fell out of his g-string.
4. What are you planning on doing during 2005?
We've got our new EP, PEP, coming out in June. We'll probably spend the rest of the year getting back into the swing of things; it's been over a year since we played with any regularity. So yeah, probably just work on becoming a really tight unit, on and off stage, and get people interested before we start working on an album.
5. How did you come up with the name Sullen Moon?
Kashmir came up with it, and no it has nothing to do with They Might Be Giants or the book by Nancy Willard. It was one of a number of random phrases that we went through. Other possibilities were We Are Not Popzirkus and Hey, Did You See That Trans... I guess common sense got the better of us.
6. What is in your CD collection at home?
All sorts. From Add N To (X) to Zwan. We all have quite diverse tastes, so to describe our combined collections you could probably use the word "everything".
I know that's not a good answer, but we really do listen to so much different stuff it's hard to just pick out a few things.
7. What advice would you give other budding musicians/bands?
Make sure you know what you're doing when you ask someone to join your band, and if you find someone who's perfect don't let them go.