Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
A LOW HUM is back with a March Tour!
Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:52 pm
A LOW HUM is back. Just like disco.

This month sees two of the most difficult to pigeonhole bands in the country touring together.

The creation of Nick Harte, The Shocking Pinks live band takes upon many shapes and forms. Famous for their live shows being ground breakingly spectacular one moment and then insanely broken the next, they are the most mysterious band around. The current lineup of the Christchurch four piece is goddamn brilliant and totally un-missable. The second Shocking Pinks album “Mathematical Warfare” comes out through Flying Nun on Feb 28th, and this tour also doubles as the album release tour.

The chance that you could see The Shocking Pinks absolutely hit the disco nail on the head is reason alone that you do not miss this gig but make sure you bring your finest pair of strap on dancing shoes because otherwise co-headliners from Wellington, The Inkling will confuse your shoes right off your feet.

I used to just go to all their shows cause I felt so cool and sophisticated looking like a beatnik grooving to their warped jazz infused whatchamacallit in the tiny, smoky, packed rooms. Now I realize that The Inkling are basically the bees knees and that even in large, non-smoky, packed rooms they still make pop rockers look like chumps. Their debut album is due out through the increasingly ace label Capital Recordings in April, see them before it comes out and you’ll be too cool for school.

This is a lineup not to be trifled with. If you enjoy getting your dance on and if you seriously want to see the two New Zealand bands that every overseas magazine this year is going to be champing at the bit over, then don’t miss this gig.

A LOW HUM and Jack Daniels present
The Shocking Pinks and The Inkling with guests

Thu 17th - Wellington, Happy
Fri 18th - Palmerston North, 85 Broadway
Sat 19th - Auckland, Edens Bar
Sun 20th - Leigh, Sawmill Café
Thu 24th - Nelson, Hot Momma's
Fri 25th - Christchurch, Creation
Sat 26th - Dunedin, Arc Café
Sun 27th - Queenstown, Dux De Lux

The #16/CD 8 “The” issue of A LOW HUM is absolutely choice as well. With a stunning “The” compilation that features tracks from The Mint Chicks, The Fucking Am, The Dukes of Leisure, The Demi-Whores, The Users, The Shocking Pinks, The Inkling, The Lahars and The Sentimental Plastic. As always, free with entry.

Thank God for Jack Daniels for making this actually happen and not just be a figment of my imagination, and respect to RDU, R1, Active, FleetFM, The Package and The Fix for making it happen in style.
http://www.alowhum.com

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: A LOW HUM is back with a March Tour!
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:44 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • LIKE THAT
    Future And Metro Boomin feat. Kendrick Lamar
  • END OF BEGINNING
    Djo
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS (WAIT FOR YOUR LOVE)
    Ariana Grande
  • STICK SEASON
    Noah Kahan
  • TEXAS HOLD 'EM
    Beyonce
  • LEAVEMEALONE
    Fred Again.. And Baby Keem
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem