Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Hollie Smith
Posted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:39 pm
HOLLIE SMITH ANNOUNCES SIX DATE NEW ZEALAND TOUR THROUGHOUT APRIL

Hot on the heels of the release of her highly anticipated second studio album Humour And The Misfortune of Others on March 15, Hollie Smith will embark on a six date tour around the country in April.

Hollie will be performing songs from her brand new record – an album described as a musical endeavour through which Smith’s sultry voice guides the listener across an eclectic sound-scape of emotion, incorporating elements of soul, funk, blues and psychedelia. It is an album Hollie is proud of, one that will stand the test of time, and one that shows she has grown as a composer and an artist since the release of her critically acclaimed debut album Long Player.

Joining Hollie on the road throughout Timaru, Dunedin, Christchurch, Wellington, Auckland and Napier are the band who she recorded the album with: Darren Mathiassen (drums), Tyson Smith (guitar), Crete Haami (bass) and Riki Gooch (keys).

Humour And The Misfortune of Others‘ first single ‘Mamma’ has already begun to make a mark at both alternative and commercial radio, with the accompanying music video making similar waves at music TV. ‘Mamma’ serves as a reminder to audiences of Smith’s signature style of music: a battle between soul and funk entwining the electricity of her spine tingling powerful voice with soulful gospel with thick bass-lines.

Don’t miss one of New Zealand’s finest musical talents return to the stage in one of the following venues:

Wednesday 7th April - No 8 Wired Bar, Timaru*
Friday 9th April - Sammy’s, Dunedin*
Saturday 10th April – Al’s Bar, Christchurch
Wednesday 14th April - Sale Street, Auckland
Friday 16th April - San Francisco Bathhouse, Wellington
Saturday 17th April - Black Barn, Napier

Tickets available from: www.undertheradar.co.nz and Real Groovy

*Timaru tickets available from venue, Dunedin tickets available from OUSA & Marbecks

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
RE: Hollie Smith
Posted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 12:03 pm
Please note - there will no longer be a Timaru date on this tour.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Hollie Smith
Posted: Tue Oct 5, 2010 4:50 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem