Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Mark Dynamix
Posted: Tue Mar 9, 2010 3:36 pm
Mark Dynamix (Ministry Of Sound - Long Distance)
w/ Daniel Farley & Mark Emerson

10pm til late - FREE!!!

Saturday March 20th - Be Club - 8 Commerce Street

Mark Dynamix
Having deejayed professionally for more than 15 years, Mark is a significant figure in Australian dance music culture. To date, he has 26 mix CDs, 4 original releases and multiple remixes to his name. With sales fast approaching 2million units, no Australian DJ has sold more compilations. His mix for Ministry of Sound's “The Annual” became the highest selling compilation in the country ever, dance or otherwise.

Of course none of this would mean anything if he didn’t have talent. Mark’s expertise with the decks combined with an inspired track selection works alchemy on a room full of clubbers, swaying anyone within earshot to become a dedicated dance music aficionado. His ability to discover and develop the next sound is unparalleled in Australia, and the rise of Minimal and Electro in Australia can in part be attributed to his continual endorsement and personal affiliation with the genres. Regarded and awarded as the hardest working DJ in the industry, Mark is dutiful in his approach to deejaying; continually pushing the boundaries with his unique sound and educating Australians about underground electronica. Mark's deejaying is more than finding the right tunes or playing solid sets of house, minimal or techno.

Marks success as a DJ has been equaled by his original productions. Mark was awarded 5th Best Producer in Australia at the ITM50 Awards in 2007, voted by the public. “IDentify Me” (no.6 Aria Chart), was playlisted on high rotation on Triple J and was licensed locally and internationally to numerous compilations including The Annual in Germany & Australia and Ageha in Japan as well as Triple J?s own ?Home & Hosed? CD. His second single “Destructor” showcased a more minimal electro sound and reached no.5 on the Aria Chart. He?s added his remix touch to Datarock?s “I Used To Dance With My Daddy” as well as Mashtronic?s “Earthquake” which achieved chart success in the US, where it debuted at no.1 on the Balance Record Pool Chart. Mark & Jaytech?s tracks have been remixed by Mashtronic, Jono Fernandez, Nick Galea & Matt Nugent, Daniel Taylor, Chopstick, and DJ DLG with more remixers to hand their touch to his forthcoming singles.

His new label ?Long Distance Recordings? will be launched later in 2008 featuring tracks he?s produced with Namito from Great Stuff recordings and Chopstick & Johnjon from Criminal Records. Also, another collaboration with Jaytech called “Moment Of Confusion Between Man & Dog” will appear shortly alongside “What U Do to Me” featuring vocals from David Morales lead vocalist Alexandria.

In latter half of 2007 Mark resided in the world's electronica hub, Berlin; which has greatly increased Mark's profile in Europe. Using Germany as a base Mark played gigs across Europe including Fluid in London, Naughty in Brussels, Weekend in Berlin and Climax in Stuttgart. And earlier in 2008, a sold out tour of Canada ensured his popularity is on the rise in North America also.

Overseas and domestically, Mark has hosted a long list of radio shows over the years, a medium that has enabled Mark to continue his unadulterated education of underground sounds to his dedicated fan base; and recently Mark was the official DJ of the 2007 MTV AVMAs; an event hosted by Fergie featuring Pink, Good Charlotte and Silverchair. It was the first time the privilege had been extended to an Australian DJ.

Since 1997, Mark has toured Australia and New Zealand relentlessly and continues to do so. International gig highlights include the Love Parade in Berlin, the Hultsfred Festival in Stockholm, The End in London, Fabric in Vancouver and Mambo in Ibiza.

Accolades:

Number 5 ITM50 Best Australian Producer 2007
Number 4 DJ NSW Technics InTheMix Awards 2007
Number 1 highest selling compilation in Australia 2006
Number 3 DJ Aust. Technics InTheMix Awards 2005
Number 2 DJ Aust. Technics InTheMix Awards 2004
Number 2 DJ Aust. Technics InTheMix Awards 2003
Nomination Best DJ Australia DMA 2003
Nomination Best DJ People’s Choice NSW DMA 2003
Number 1 Best DJ 3D World Magazine 2002
Number 2 Best DJ 3D World Magazine 2001

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Mark Dynamix
Posted: Tue Oct 5, 2010 4:50 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem