Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Julia Deans
Posted: Mon Mar 8, 2010 4:59 pm
Julia Deans is set to hit the road in early April, armed only with acoustic guitar and her vocal chords as she performs new songs from her highly anticipated debut solo album, due for release in June this year.

A string of talented guest performers are primed to join her at various venues around the country in support, including Robin Hinkley (Good Laika) in Wellington; Lisa Crawley in Auckland and Marlon Williams (The Unfaithful Ways) for the South Island leg throughout Christchurch, Oamaru and Dunedin.

Known primarily as front-woman of Fur Patrol, Julia Deans is the possessor of one of modern rock’s most interesting voices - able to shift elegantly between soaring falsetto and assured growl. Over the last few years Deans has been branching out from her comfort zone collaborating with different artists, such as Tiki Taane on his multi-award winning album "Past,Present, Future", all the while working away quietly at her forthcoming debut solo album.

The new album has been recorded in three cities - Berlin, Christchurch and Melbourne - with the help of many wonderful, talented friends. Julia will be playing songs from the album in their rawest form at the following intimate venues:

Thursday 1 April – The Ruby Lounge, Wellington
with Robin Hinkley (Good Laika)

Thursday 8 April – Tabac, Auckland
with Lisa Crawley

Friday 9 April – Dux De Lux, Christchurch
with Marlon Williams (The Unfaithful Ways)

Saturday 10 April – Penguin Club, Oamaru

Sunday 11 April – Chicks Hotel, Dunedin

Tickets available from [urlwww.undertheradar.co.nz[/url] & the Ruby Lounge (Wellington)

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Julia Deans
Posted: Thu Sep 9, 2010 4:19 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem