Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
AROHA Festival 2010
Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:57 am
AROHA Festival 2010

Takataapui Native Arts & Culture Festival
12 – 20 March, 2010

From 12 – 20 March, the AROHA Festival will drag native Aucklanders out on the town to celebrate their diversity! The festival is programmed to thrill, with over thirty unique and exciting events, spread across nine days, all centred around cultural and colourful Karangahape Road.

AROHA 2010 features music, dance, cabaret, burlesque, visual art, performance art, drag, films, workshops, discussions, community events, five fantastic parties – and the inaugural AROHA Lifetime Achievement Award!

The festival opens with the premiere performance of Mika’s new Tribal Pop Opera, Pō | Beautiful Darkness, on the Aotea Centre main-stage. Mika delivers ringing anthems composed by Gareth Farr and performed by the Auckland Philharmonia Orchestra, alongside a stellar cast of local and international dancers and musicians.

Housed at Galatos, the Kapai Kabaret season showcases a diverse variety of exotic and enlightening live acts. Internationally acclaimed Japanese dancer Shakti will expose her new multimedia work, Empire of the Senses. Drag-tastic songstress Miz Ima Starr dances out onto the Auckland cabaret stage after a dozen years abroad, to dish up Hello Miss American Pie! And Melbourne based singer Kerryn Fields will share the stage with Charlotte Yates and Mahina-Ina Kaui in an evening of superb female singer/songwriters.

Other festival highlights include, the AROHA After Dark dance party at Galatos, punk-cabaret superstar Amanda Palmer at the Kings Arms, Chinese video artist Zheng Bo at Artspace, performance artist Richard Kereopa turning heads all along K’ Road, the super-soulful Hymnchidivah concert at Galatos, the Kura Kōrerosharing and discussion series, and a show-stopping late-night burlesque revue hosted by hilarious Trans-Tasman drag divas, Tess Tickle and Polly Filla.

The festival climaxes on Saturday 20 March with AROHA Day in Beresford Square – an action-packed, celebrity-encrusted, community celebration with live music, a delicious menu of local performers, plus all your favourite festival stars!

Haere mai ki te AROHA Festival!

Kapai Kabaret and AROHA After Dark bookings through iTICKET
Internet: www.iticket.co.nz
Phone: +64 9 361 1000
Door sales from 30 minutes prior to show

Pō bookings only at THE EDGE
Internet: www.the-edge.co.nz
Phone: +64 9 357 3355 or 0800 BUY TICKETS (289 842)
Or visit the Aotea Centre Box Office

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: AROHA Festival 2010
Posted: Thu Sep 9, 2010 4:19 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem