Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Jimmy Barnes
Posted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:39 pm
BARNES DELIVERS ON PROMISE

AUSSIE music legend Jimmy Barnes made a promise last year that he would gather some of the most legendary American musicians together and tour the very chart-topping album they helped him create - The Rhythm And The Blues.

Brace yourselves, for Barnes is about to deliver on that promise.

In conjunction with Premier Artists, our most famous rocker has his A-team in place for an intimate NZ performance in early April.

Jimmy has gathered musical luminaries such as the great drummer James Gadson (Diana Ross, The Temptations, Aretha Franklin), bass-man Reggie McBride (Stevie Wonder, John Lee Hooker), keyboardist Mike Thompson (Eagles), guitar icon Johnny Lee Schell (BB King, Etta James, Joe Cocker) and experienced brass maestro and arranger Darrell Leonard exclusively to come to Australia to perform with Jimmy on his ‘THE RHYTHM AND THE BLUES’ tour.

If you thought ‘The Rhythm & The Blues’ album moved you, wait until you see and hear Barnes and company in the flesh breathe new life into such rollicking classics as Red Hot (Billy Lee Riley), That’s Right (Chris Powell), Keep A Knockin’ (Little Richard) and Big Joe Turner’s Shake, Rattle and Roll. Or, for a sweet turn of tenderness, the subtle charms that reworked Johnny Adams’ Reconsider Me or Nina Simone’s My Baby Just Cares For Me will no doubt yank at the heartstrings when caressed through the speakers in a live atmosphere.

Speaking of heartstrings, Barnes doesn’t merely enjoy playing this brand of 1950s rock and roll – he damn well loves it, especially when serving it up in the company he will keep on this tour.

“This album was such a pleasure to make. Three days in the studio with the musicians of that caliber and singing these type of songs was a breeze. I was sort of bummed by the end of it because I could’ve done a double album it was so much fun, just so I could keep singing with the band,” Barnes said after recording the album.

“There I was, in the studio with players who had the pedigrees of doom, and the attitude of doom, so we got in there and it was like their first band … their enthusiasm overwhelmed me. With them, it was like playing in my first band. It was fantastic.”

Be bummed out no more, Mr Barnes. The Rhythm And The Blues is about to have its second coming. And it’s our impending good fortune that it will happen right before our very eyes and ears at the Powerstation in Auckland.

Jimmy and his mega band will also include songs in the set from his multi platinum ‘Soul Deep’ and ‘Soul Deeper’ albums. Both of these chart toppers feature Barnes classic reworked versions of soul hits that have become staples of today’s classic radio playlists.

Don’t miss this special one show only -

Jimmy Barnes plays The Rhythm And The Blues w/ special support from Danny McCrum Band

Tuesday 6th April, 2010 – Powerstation , Auckland

Tickets on sale Thursday February 18th.

Phone: Ticketmaster 09 970 9700 or online at www.ticketmaster.co.nz

Jimmy Barnes ‘The Rhythm And The Blues’ album was released in September 2009. It debuted at number one on the Australian national ARIA album charts and has attained Platinum plus sales. It is available through Liberation Music and in all good music stores and via itunes.

The Danny McCrum Band have built an extraordinary resume, playing all over New Zealand and working with a long list of impressive artists including Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck, John Mayer, Tommy Emmanuel, Bryan Ferry, Joan Armatrading and more. Impressive 2nd album 'Say What You Mean' was recently released to favorable reviews through Liberation Music.

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
RE: Jimmy Barnes
Posted: Fri Mar 5, 2010 12:48 pm
JIMMY BARNES
THE RHYTHM & THE BLUES SHOWS CANCELLED

The Frontier Touring Company & Premier Artists regret to advise that Jimmy Barnes’ The Rhythm and The Blues tour has been cancelled due to a scheduling issue with a couple of the key American band members.

Jimmy was excited to be touring with the legendary musicians who played on his Platinum #1 album The Rhythms and The Blues and feels that to proceed with substitute musicians wouldn’t be appropriate and would compromise the show and the spirit in which it was intended.

Jimmy is very saddened that these special shows have to be cancelled and regrets any disappointment this may cause his fans.

Ticket holders should seek a refund from their original point of purchase.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Jimmy Barnes
Posted: Thu Sep 9, 2010 4:19 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem