Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Tama Waipara & Maisey Rika
Posted: Sat Jan 9, 2010 2:06 pm
Tama Waipara and Maisey Rika, two of Aotearoas most distinctive and sophisticated Maori voices, are set to head out on an acoustic tour this February, playing a number of shows around the North Island, including Wellington, Auckland, Mahia, Gisborne and Kaitaia.

Tama Waipara is a groundbreaking singer/songwriter whose vocals are sweetly soulful, possessing a distinctive intonation inspired by a wealth of legendary song stylists and balladeers like George Benson, Bill Withers, Donny Hathaway and Nina Simone. Well-known and respected for his collaborations with national and international musicians, Waiparas 2009 album Sir Plus & the Requirements is a beautifully crafted work that successfully straddles 50s pop and 70s soul, and which plays host to a fictional character called Sir Plus, the long lost Polynesian cousin of Sergeant Pepper.

Award-winning Maori singer/songwriter Maisey Rika has one of Aotearoa New Zealand's most impressive lead vocal styles, fused with her honest and thought-provoking messages. Her debut full-length album Tohu was released earlier this year to critical acclaim, and saw her take home the Best Female Solo Artist award at the recent Waiata Maori Music Awards, following a nomination for a Maioha award in the 2009 APRA Silver Scroll song writing competition.

Together these artists promise a night of beautifully expressive songs and musicianship. The Tama Waipara & Maisey Rika "Tahi Tour" will see each of them perform an acoustic set of songs from their respective albums along with duets written especially for the tour, special guests and full band accompaniment at selected venues.

See two of New Zealands most exciting Maori voices in a town near you this February:

The Tama Waipara and Maisey Rika "Tahi Tour" will play:

Fri 5 February - Ruby Lounge, Wellington
Fri 12 February The Liberty Centre, Whakatane
Sat 13 February - The Belgian Bar, Rotorua
Sun 14 February Yot Club, Raglan
Thurs 18 February - Nero Cafe, Kaitaia
Fri 19 February Salut Bar and Brasserie, Whangarei
Sat 20 February The Classic, Auckland
Thurs 25 February - Sunset Point Bar, Mahia
Fri 26 February - Soho Bar, Gisborne

Tickets for all shows on sale now from www.eventfinder.co.nz
Tickets for Raglan also available from Gag Surf Shop

www.myspace.com/tamawaipara
www.maiseyrika.com

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
RE: Tama Waipara & Maisey Rika
Posted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:43 pm

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Tama Waipara & Maisey Rika
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem