View Profile
Tommy Ill
Posted: Sun Nov 1, 2009 9:40 am
TOMMY ILL
COME HOME MR. ILL

Release date: 17 November 2009
Barcode: 9421018241086
Cat No: LP052

Tommy Ill has released two EPs, Toast & Tea Kettles (Empathy Recordings) in 2007 and Matchsticks (Loop) in 2008. He’s about to release a third EP, Come Home Mr. Ill on November the 17th. He’s pretty proud of it and thinks it’s his best work yet.

“I’m pretty proud of it, I think it’s my best work yet.,” says Tommy Ill. I agree. I’ve listened to it and it’s damn good.

“I wanted to make an EP of more upbeat songs, party songs even. Maybe not for the party itself but more for the pre-party drinks you have at your friend’s house with a bunch of buddies before you head to the actual party. It’s music to be tipsy and excited to.”

Tommy Ill has never been one to stick to a certain style, sound or scene for too long, more likely to be seen playing shows with indie and electro bands than his hip-hop contemporaries.

“I don’t like the stigma that comes with being called a rapper, people immediately assume you sound, dress and act a certain way, when I’ve never really fitted in to that. I like to think that with Come Home Mr. Ill I’m going in the complete opposite direction of what people would guess I would have done next. Also, I get to rap about Pokemon. "

"With the last record (Matchsticks) I was in a darker place, but with this record I figured ‘who wants to hear me rap about getting my heart broken over and over again’, that gets a bit old. You can’t party while listening to me whinge. So this record is about partying. It’s about road trips in shitty cars (‘Come Home Mr. Ill’), it’s about getting drunk and crashing parties (‘Best Damn Evening’), it’s about a cocktail made out of vodka, rum and luncheon sausage which seemed like a good idea at the time (‘Lunch Meat’), It’s about drinking cask wine and being locked out of your house (‘Cheap Wine Bender’). Mostly it’s about Pokemon though.

Come Home Mr Ill is out November 17th on Loop with an early digital only release of November 3rd. You’ll probably really like it and want to show it to your friends.

Tommy Ill Come Home Mr. Ill
EP Release Parties:

AUCKLAND: Thursday 5 November. Whammy Bar.
Exclusive pre-release copies of Come Home Mr. Ill will be available to buy.

WELLINGTON: Wednesday 18 November. Mighty Mighty.

http://www.facebook.com/tommyill
http://www.myspace.com/tommyillmusic

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Tommy Ill
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • LIKE THAT
    Future And Metro Boomin feat. Kendrick Lamar
  • END OF BEGINNING
    Djo
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS (WAIT FOR YOUR LOVE)
    Ariana Grande
  • STICK SEASON
    Noah Kahan
  • TEXAS HOLD 'EM
    Beyonce
  • LEAVEMEALONE
    Fred Again.. And Baby Keem
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem