Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Fat Freddy's Drop Summer Shakedown
Posted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:02 am
Soul sensation Fat Freddy’s Drop is trading the big city lights for classic Kiwi holiday hot spots in The Summer Shakedown Tour.

The tiki tour covers Mt Maunganui, Coroglen and Waihi Beach in late December, Riwaka at the top of the South Island for New Years Eve and a two-night finale in Mangawhai in the first week of January. It’s also the perfect chance for Freddy’s to escape the clutches of evil scientist Dr Boondigga & The Big BW robot so they can bring the music home for the people enjoying the beaches and kai moana.

The Summer Shakedown Tour will follow a run of sell-out international gigs from Melbourne to Auckland to San Francisco to Amsterdam to Manchester and beyond. After selling-out their debut US headline tour, Freddys will be rocking their Americana flavours.

Promoter Brent Eccles says the local summer tour circuit is deliberately aimed at quintessential Kiwi holiday hot spots. “As only New Zealanders can, publicans transform beer gardens to concert venues, from car parks to Marquee Arenas and the punters love it. But like a rare flower, the opportunity is only there for about two weeks, then it’s gone, as people go back home or back to work or move on somewhere else”.

Tickets on Sale: Monday 9th November 2009 from The Venues, www.ticketmaster.co.nz, www.amplifier.co.nz and Everyman Records Nelson.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • SATURN
    SZA
  • STICK SEASON
    Noah Kahan
  • END OF BEGINNING
    Djo
  • LIKE THAT
    Future And Metro Boomin feat. Kendrick Lamar
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • WE CAN'T BE FRIENDS (WAIT FOR YOUR LOVE)
    Ariana Grande
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem