Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Julian Temple Band
Posted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:49 am
San Francisco born Julian Temple brought together the best damn rhythm section he could find to play his tripped up and bipolar songs: bluesy, funky, jazzy and punky. The Julian Temple Band smash through the outer edges of most genres, giving their music a fucked up shape that won't fit into any pigeon-shaped hole. Troubadour songwriting, grungy rock and roll, latin spice, alt country and psychedelic, dubbed out, funky beats all get smeared together for some air time. This diversity is probably the bands biggest strength and steepest street..."so, what kind of music do you play?" Um...Yeah...About that...Check the album, or better yet, check a live show.

Temple's stylishly simple use of electric and acoustic guitars along with his husky and craszily acrobatic voice brings expressive depth and diversity to lyrics that tell some pretty freaky stories. Rib rattling and soulful bass lines swell effortlessly from the fingers of Scott Campbell whose jazz and funk-inspired playing unifies the band, while on drums, PMK's rough approach to precision provides both backbone and finishing touch.

Julian Temple Band makes music that is down and dirty but full of love for sound. Spawned in early 2004, they have independently released two albums; In Sea (2006) and Quiet Earth (2009) and toured extensively in the U.S. and N.Z. This summer they take to the road once again to bring you songs from the first releases as well as from the upcoming third album which is currently in post-production at Tom Bell's Tin Shack studio.

Come party till late with the boys at these shows:

27/11/2009 at REDCLIFF CAFE, Te Anau
28/11/2009 at REVOLVER, Queenstown
10/12/2009 at DUX DE LUX, Christchurch
11/12/2009 at LE CAFE, Picton
12/12/2009 at STRAWBERRY TREE, Kaikoura
31/12/2009 at NEW YEAR'S EVE, Te Anau
06/01/2010 at INTERISLANDER, Cook Straight
07/01/2010 at PARIHAKA INTERNATIONAL PEACE FESTIVAL, Taranaki
13/01/2010 at MIGHTY MIGHTY, Wellington
15/01/2010 at LOUNGE , Carterton
17/01/2010 at YOT CLUB, Raglan
21/01/2010 at KHUJA LOUNGE, Auckland
24/01/2010 at INTERISLANDER, Cook Straight
05/02/2010 at HOT MAMA'S, Motueka
06/02/2010 at PARK CAFE, Marahau
07/02/2010 at MUSSEL INN, Takaka
27/03/2010 at PENGUIN CLUB, Oamaru

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Julian Temple Band
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem