Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Southside Gig 2009
Posted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 10:17 am
Free hip hop and break dance workshops and intense competition for prize money of $3000 are some of the highlights of Southside Gig - an awesome new event for youth with graf art, break dance, hip hop and music, as part of Manukau Festival of Arts 09.

The hip hop workshop will be presented by Parris Goebel from ReQuest Hip Hop Crew, who were recently gold medal winners of the Varsity Division at the 2009 World Hip Hop Dance Championships in Las Vegas. The break dance (bboy / bgirl) workshop will be presented by Solomon Smith, three-time NZ rep in Battle of the Year.

Workshops will be followed by intense 3-on-3 competitions from the break dance and hip hop crews and an all-day graf art session. There’s $3000 in prize money for the most talented in each genre.

The Kings of Style 2009 Graffiti Battle is by invitation only and will feature six top crews, and will be judged by TMD Crew.

The evening finishes with a celebration of New Zealand music featuring Nesian Mystik, PNC and Pieter T.

The competitions are open to the public - so get your family and friends together. Entries now open for 3 on 3 competition (age-group: 12 to 25 years) in break dance (bboy or bgirl) or hip hop dance. Limited spaces available.

Late registrations are still being accepted for the free workshops and competitions!

Event details:

10am to 6pm Kings of Style 2009 Graffiti Battle 12pm to 2pm Hip Hop and Break Dance Workshops 2pm to 6pm 3 on 3 Bboy / Bgirl and Hip Hop Comps 6pm to 8pm Live Concert featuring Nesian Mystik

What: Southside Gig 09
When: 24 October, 10am to 8pm
Where: Sir Woolf Fisher Arena, TelstraClear Pacific Events Centre, 770 Great South Road, Manukau
Entry: FREE

For registration forms and more information, contact Torise Flay, Event Co-ordinator, ph 262 5269 or email [email protected].

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Southside Gig 2009
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem