Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
The Brunettes NZ Tour With Sarah Blasko
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:15 pm
After touring the globe extensively for the past two years, The Brunettes finally return to us for a national tour in support of their new album 'Paper Dolls'. Coming along for the ride will be Australian pop icon Sarah Blasko who has been selling out shows across Australia as she tours her acclaimed album As Day Follows Night.

Get along to a show near you:

Thursday 5th November
Al's Bar, Christchurch
Headlining
Support Sarah Blasko
Local support TBC

Friday 6th November
San Francisco Bath House, Wellington
Support Sarah Blasko
Local Support The Family Cactus

Saturday 7th November
Kings Arms, Auckland
Support Sarah Blasko
Local Support Cool Rainbows

Sunday 8th November
Leigh Sawmill Cafe, Leigh
Support Sarah Blasko
Local Support Cool Rainbows

Tickets on sale now at www.undertheradar.co.nz and limited Doorsales will be available.

Sense of fun firmly intact - new record Paper Dolls, (follow up to 2007's Sub Pop release 'Structure and Cosmetics') sees The Brunettes building on previous work without sacrificing the aesthetic that has gained such wide-spread acclaim, instead injecting their new batch of songs with a sense of modernity. Principle songwriter Jonathan Bree has augmented his pop leanings with drum machines and an intimidatingly wide array of synths to fantastic effect.

Lyrically, the album combines clever call-and-response levity, an undercurrent of smoldering romance, and a penchant for idiosyncratic storytelling. All are on display in first single “Red Rollerskates”, which finds Jonathan and (Brunettes co-lead vocalist/instrumentalist) Heather Mansfield solving their relatively ordinary problem (Jonathan walks too fast for his asthmatic girlfriend) with a quirky but playful solution (buying her a pair of red rollerskates and pulling her around with a rope).

The Brunettes will be presenting this brand new material to us live, as a fine-tuned and well travelled five piece - as well as favourites from their previous three albums. Expect your usual array of glockenspiels, keyboards, and possibly every kind of percussion - with perhaps a few extra synthesizers thrown in the mix.

PAPER DOLLS – RELEASE DATE October 26th

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: The Brunettes NZ Tour With Sarah Blasko
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem