Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Contact FM Turns 30
Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:36 am
Contact FM will celebrate 30 years alternative broadcasting on Saturday, 24th October in a special gig featuring bands that have had a historic relationship with the station.

Reforming for the night will be Hand of Glory, the early 90s "suburban jazz" exponents and the original 1996 line up of Trucker, the legendarily loud and influential alt. rockers. Also on the bill are Pumice, ex-Hamiltonian Stefan Neville's internationally acclaimed avant garde one man band; The Shrugs, musicians who more than any other have been associated with the station's post-2003 identity, and Matthew Bannister, the Wintec lecturer and former Sneaky Feelings front man who in recent times has played with The Weather and personally graced the 88.1 FM frequency and Pie Warmer Ed Cake of Bressa Secreting Cake fame.

This extravaganza will be held at Diggers Back Bar Hood St Hamilton. 8pm Start. The cost is $10 with all proceeds going to sustaining Contact for another 3 decades and beyond.

About Contact FM

Contact FM can best be described as the sticky gum at the bottom of the shoe at The University of Waikato. We have had many incarnations over the years, but we still remain faithfully stuck to your soul. We are the heartbeat, we have been there through so many orientations,gigs,students protests and political divides. We have been the voice on many political subjects others wouldn’t embrace.

We always have been run by a bunch of dedicated people whose lives revolve around music. Gigs, being in bands, finding new bands, new music, turning up to watch bands play, photographing them, reviewing them...supporting music....dancing like a mother flipper at the front of the stage.

Like any station hitting 30 our history is long and full of excitement and heartache. But one thing we have always done, is keep our head down and continue to do what we do best, playing the best blimmin music we can find! And bringing you a Jambalaya of speciality shows for even the most discerning listener.

We genuinely care about one thing and one thing only....THE MUSIC.

So come celebrate our 30th with us...24th of October!

http://www.contactfm.co.nz/

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Contact FM Turns 30
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem