Trouble on the Waterfront Album Launch
Sunday October 25 (Labour Weekend)
2pm
FREE
Museum of Wellington City and Sea www.museumofwellington.co.nz
Queens Wharf, 3 Jervois Quay
Wgtn 6140
04 472 8904

The 1951 waterfront dispute was an epoch in New Zealand history. It lasted 151 days, and 22,000 New Zealanders were affected by the lockouts and associated strikes. 

Now, a new album Trouble on the Waterfront explores some of the events, the attitudes, and the personal perspectives of that time through the medium of contemporary song. 

Chris Prowse is pleased to present Trouble on the Waterfront, an album of musical snapshots of the 1951 Waterfront Dispute, featuring some of this country's finest musicians and spoken word contributions from well known radio voices.

Trouble on the Waterfront will be launched at a FREE public event at 2pm Sunday October 25 (Labour Weekend) at the Museum of Wellington City and Sea, including performances from The Waterfront Collective band and historical perspectives of the time from noted historian and author David Grant. Join them for an afternoon of music and history this coming Labour Sunday.

Trouble on the Waterfront is a collaboration of some leading New Zealand singers and musicians including Bill Hickman (The Shot Band), Eva Prowse and Tessa Rain (Fly My Pretties), Andrew Delahunty (The Windy City Strugglers), songwriter and performer Arthur Baysting, and Darren Mathiassen (Hollie Smith and Rhombus). In addition, the album features well-known radio broadcasters Sharon Crosbie and Tom Frewen, who added their voices to the track Media Watch.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Trouble on the Waterfront Album Launch
Posted: Sun Aug 8, 2010 11:14 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem