Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Knives At Noon
Posted: Tue Sep 1, 2009 4:54 pm
KNIVES AT NOON – At it Again!

Four-piece Dunedin band, Knives At Noon are back on the road again, after their successful New Zealand Tour with Charlie Ash. This time they are supporting top NZ band, The Checks, and Christchurch upstarts Bang! Bang! Eche! on the ‘Get Off The Stage NZ Tour’.

Dates:
Wellington: September 25th @ Bodega
Auckland: October 3rd @ Monte Cristo
Christchurch: October 8th @ Als Bar

While not touring, KaN will be in the studio recording their 3rd EP, and shooting a music video, both which are planned for release in late October.
Bio: Knives at Noon are gaining a reputation for abrasive Electro-rock with a high-intensity live performance. Since re-forming their live line-up in July 2009 after a 12 month break (as the synth player was based in PNG working on his PhD) they have been busy gigging with great kiwi indie bands such as The Tutts, The Checks, Clap Clap Riot! and Charlie Ash, and have upcoming
shows with Luger Boa, Head Like A Hole and So So Modern. While in Auckland recently, they also managed to squeeze in an afternoon in the Red Bull Live studio doing a live-to-air.

In late 2008 they completed their well reviewed 2nd EP, which was mixed by Dale Cotton (HDU, Dimmer and Die! Die! Die), and released a video for the track ‘Daisychain’. They have also received wide media coverage in New Zealand and Australia on their use of digital technology to distribute music and to facilitate their 'remix project' via Myspace.

Here is what people have been saying about KaN:

“It’s not often a band sound so ‘ready’ for success"
Daniel Pratley, www.NZmusician.co.nz August 2009

“Captivating electro-pop... 2009 will be their year”
Amanda Radcliffe, www.undertheradar.co.nz

"Shit they were good"
Aaron Kearny, Dunedinmusic.com.

“A forward thinking band carving a niche for themselves in our industry"
Emma King, New Zealand Musician Magazine June/July 08

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Knives At Noon
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem