Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Sick Disco
Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:41 pm
Sick Disco @ Cassette Nine
Saturday – 22nd August - 9pm start - $10 after 10pm

Beni (Kitsune, Riot in Belgium, Bang Gang DJ’s), Pig Out (Live), Daniel Farley, Sam Hill, Maya & Vanya

Once again Sick Disco has put together a truly wicked combination of this hemisphere’s finest. Kitsune superstar and rabid rave electro dance DJ Beni, as well as a live set from Pig Out, debuting their all-new rude rave step sub bass monsters. Pushing the envelope of sickness and dance delirium.

Kitchen Bar hosted by Serato

Beni

Beni is an electronic producer/DJ from Sydney, Australia. Getting a start in the industry with outfit The Bang Gang Deejays, he later formed Riot in Belgium with Joel Dickson of Cut Copy. Since Riot in Belgium disbanded in 2008, he’s gone on to produce solo, with remixes for artists including Sneaky Sound System and Digitalism. Now with regular releases on uber electro label Kitsune.

As half of Riot In Belgium, Beni found fans in 2 Many DJ’s, Tiga, and Headman, who signed them to his Relish imprint. IDJ gave them 5/5, they cracked the Mixmag Top 100 of 2007. They made many a raver’s night, and the following day.

Riot In Belgium remixed Proxy, Chromeo, Headman, Surkin, Alex Gopher, Yelle and Kim to lathers of acclaim. They were awarded honorary citizenship of Belgium and given a large castle outside of Ghent. This is not even to mention the fact they toured with Soulwax, Daft Punk, Headman, Surkin, Tiga, Felix The Housecat, DJ Craze, Justice, Digitalism, M.I.A., Goose, Sebastian and Kavinsky and more.

Pig Out

Brooding sub bass rubs shoulders with joyful piano stabs, dark dubstep sits next to twisted electro and futuristic drum n bass charged bangers morph into ecstatic rave throwbacks. Lookout for Marie Celeste & Kit Lawrence aka Pig Out, turning dn’b heads in to ravers and neon whistleblowers into UK garage fans in a club near you..

Daniel Farley

Whether it be slaying out a set at 4am in a dark basement club, playing techno in the trees at a day festival, or talking bollocks on air with his radio show, Daniel will have the right tunes for the floor and his passion behind the decks is always evident, you can count on big bass, driving beats, and a few eclectic surprises thrown in for good measure.

Sam Hill

Sam lives, breathes, eats and sleeps, dance music. He’s performed at the most prestigious events, and infamous clubs in the history of New Zealand club culture, along the way earning himself a loyal following and much respect among his peers. Currently spinning punk, funk, nu wave, rock and roll, fucked up house, sleazy electro and mutant disco.

Maya & Vanya

Auckland-based, Croatian born DJ sisters, Maya and Vanya set the dance floor on fire with their taste making selections of all that’s new in the world of electro and dance. When not Djing their promoting the Thursday Tea Party, and making regular guest DJ appearances on George FM.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Sick Disco
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem