Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Eru Dangerspiel
Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 pm
GREAT NEWS FOR THE MODERN MAN
Eru Dangerspiel

Saturday 8 August: Great Hall, Auckland Town Hall, THE EDGE®

Get into your glad rags and make your way to the Auckland Town Hall because Eru Dangerspiel are coming to refine and liberate your Saturday evening with ‘Great News For The Modern Man’ on August 8 2009.

Eru Dangerspiel are a mesmeric 16-piece group led by former TrinityRoots drummer and master percussionist Riki Gooch who will guide this unique and artistic musical exploration.

Joining Riki Gooch on stage will be an array of some of New Zealand’s most stunning musical specimens. Including multi-instrumentalist/composer Jonathan Crayford in his last New Zealand performance before relocating to Paris and the spirit-engaging soul legend Whirimako Black. Anna Coddington (Fly My Pretties), Laughton Kora (Kora), Isaac Aesili (Solaa, Opensouls), Chip Matthews and Julien Dyne (both Opensouls). Mara TK (Electric Wire Hustle, Fly My Pretties), Parks (Ladi 6), Ned Ngatae (Dimmer) and Mike Fabulous (The Black Seeds, Fly My Pretties). Joe Lindsay and Toby Laing (both Fat Freddy’s Drop). Lewis McCallum, Olga Gryniewicz, Submariner (Che Fu, Feelstyle, Dimmer, The Turnaround), Patrick Pihama (Riki’s uncle!), and Ross Burge (The Muttonbirds), with more expected to surface on the night.

This is set to be a one-off performance unlike any other where close to 40 musicians will gather onstage to blend unique live jams awash with visual imagery, exploring the depths of harder edged funk, free jazz and futurism while propelling off the reactions and energy of the audience. With visuals headed by Mike Busy (the visual creative behind the live Fly My Pretties shows), and filmed by accomplished director Darryl Ward, the show will be a surge of beguiling multimedia elements.

“I’m interested in the idea of music being a community. I want to create an experience which resembles a large musical engine based on simple arrangements, improvisation and groove... the sum of all parts, enhanced by surreal visual and theatrical elements. But mostly I want to break down the barrier between artist and performer to give a sense of inclusion to both parties” Riki Gooch.

Riki Gooch released his solo debut album as Eru Dangerspiel, ‘Great News For The Modern Man’, a shuffled swathe of experimental grooves late in 2008, and this will be the third time the group has performed live together.

He is also an acclaimed film music writer and was just awarded the 2009 Qantas Film and TV Award for Best Music In A Documentary for The Big Picture.

Tickets are a steal at only $25 (+bf) with discounted student tickets available for only $20 (+bf) from www.buytickets.co.nz. With a limited capacity this show is expected to sell out so don’t delay!

Eru Dangerspiel is proudly presented in association with STAMP at THE EDGE®.

“Gooch is a master beatmaker on machines, live drums, and even when he and his mates are clapping their hands. At times the grooves might be odd but this is sweet future soul music.” Scott Kara, NZ Herald.

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
RE: Eru Dangerspiel
Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:14 am

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Eru Dangerspiel
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem