Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Mel Parsons
Posted: Wed Jul 8, 2009 5:23 pm
Skiers will delight – Mel Parsons is hitting the road again this August, warming up winter in the South Island with sweet songs and mulled wine…
Parsons’ style is a catchy and mellow blend of pop/folk and alt-country, and her intimate and heartwarming live shows have been compared to artists like Tracey Chapman and Beth Orton.

The Rhythm Kings joining Parsons on the mid-winter jaunt are Auckland guitarist and slide player Neil Watson (Anika Moa, Finn Brothers) and Wellington bassist Aaron Stewart.

Stopping off in Wanaka, Ohau, Christchurch, Oamaru and Methven, the Southern Winter Warmer Tour follows the success of Parsons’ debut album, ‘Over My Shoulder’, and the July release of her first music video, ‘Darlin Darlin’ – produced and directed by Murray Keane (Outrageous Fortune, Shortland Street) and co-starring actor Arthur Meek.

http://www.redbullstudio.co.nz/live-sessions/mel-parsons
http://www.melparsons.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbWEEGPi-eg

MEL PARSONS
Live with The Rhythm Kings
Southern Winter Warmer Tour – August 2009

WANAKA WEDNESDAY 5TH AUG @ CINEMA PARADISO
DOORS: 8.30pm
Start time: 9pm
Tickets: $20 Pre-sales from venue and door sales

OHAU THURSDAY 6TH AUG @ OHAU LODGE
Start time: 8:30pm

CHRISTCHURCH FRIDAY 7TH AUG @ HARBOUR LIGHT THEATRE
Doors Open: 7:30pm
Start time: 8pm
Tickets: $20 www.harbourlight.co.nz ‘What’s On’, and door sales

OAMARU SATURDAY 8TH AUG @ THE PENGUIN CLUB
Doors open: 8pm
Start time: 8:45pm
Tickets: $15 Pre-sales @ venue and door sales.

METHVEN SUNDAY 9TH AUG @ SAMUEL’S BAR
Doors open: 8pm
Start time: 8:45pm
Tickets: $15 General / $10 Mt Hutt Staff, door sales

“Impressive debut… an album that deserves to grab serious attention.”
– Graham Reid

“Parsons has a voice that could work any night in Nashville yet sounds somehow intrinsically New Zealand – and the songs are good, very good. We’re converted…”
– BlackLOG, BLACK magazine online

“Husky, effortless vocals enhanced by strong lyricism and harmonies … relaxed, understated arrangements that encompass country, folk, pop and occasional blues-jazz flourish…”
– Shane Gilchrist, Otago Daily Times

“Over My Shoulder slowly becomes more gripping and beautiful with each track. Opener ‘Still Life’ is deeply rooted in southern country music … instantly appealing to fans of Jolie Holland or The Be Good Tanyas… Locked together through pure emotional heartbreak and wonderfully vibrant imagery, Over My Shoulder is simply beautiful.”
8/10
– Nick Fulton, Einstein Music Journal

“Out of the West Coast via the big smoke comes this pleasant surprise… Parsons’ sound is country with shades of rock swagger and jazz whimsy … tuneful gems.”
– Nick Ward, The Nelson Mail

“Mel Parsons rises above the melancholy and serves up an album crammed with melodies to fuel her catchy, folky pop songs … intimate, refreshing and memorable.”
– Steve Scott, Waikato Times Review

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Mel Parsons
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem