Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Iva Lamkum
Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:32 pm
IVA LAMKUM ANNOUNCES NEW SINGLE & JUNE TOUR DATES

Iva Lamkum is pleased to announce June tour dates in support of her new single No.

Described as the definition of one to watch (Rip It Up), many are tipping this extraordinary 23 year-old singer songwriter to go far. Of Samoan/Chinese derivation, her soulfully rich voice delivers a funk-soul sound peppered with elements of jazz and rock that her home crowd cant get enough of. Its the demand for Lamkums live performances thats keeping her firmly footed on NZ soil for the time being with tour dates now confirmed for June.

Iva Lamkum is currently completing her next album. The first single NO has received NZ On Air funding, one of only 5 selected from a pool of 264 applicants. The awesome video directed by Tim van Dammen can be seen at www.myspace.com/ivalamkum

Not one to do things by halves, Lamkum has brought in some heavyweights behind her new track. Mixed by Clint Murphy of Modern World Studios, UK (The Feelers, Opshop, Blindspott, 50 Cent) and mastered by Tom Coyne (Beyonce, Pink, Joss Stone) at Sterling Sound, NY, NO features a rich live sound, evidencing an upbeat departure from her debut EP.

Performing live, its easy to see why Dominion Post credited her as ready for take off with her revered street-soul sounds. Lamkum will tour with her stunning 4-piece band The Pandas, an ensemble of some of Wellington's best-known & respected musicians.

All five of Lamkums shows to promote her EP sold out. The chance arises again to catch this remarkable artist live and in her element. Tour dates are below and promoter advises booking with haste!

[url]IVA LAMKUM JUNE TOUR DATES[/url]

Thursday 25th June @ Blackbarn Vineyard, Hawkes Bay
Friday 26th June @ Belgian Bar, Rotorua
Saturday 27th June @ Khuja Lounge, Auckland
Sunday 28th June @ Orca Bar, Raglan

www.myspace.com/ivalamkum

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Iva Lamkum
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem