Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
This is Not the Christchurch Sound Vol 3 - The Dubstep Edition release gig
Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 11:07 am
RDU98.5 AND JAGERMEISTER IS PROUD TO PRESENT
THIS IS NOT THE CHRISTCHURCH SOUND VOL.3 THE DUBSTEP EDITION
A CHRISTCHURCH PRODUCED CD – DUE FOR RELEASE 22ND MAY 2009!

Here at RDU we are proud supporters of NZ Music – not just in the month of May, but all through the year....

Our commitment to the local music scene has seen RDU produce 2 previous incarnations of ‘This Is Not The Christchurch Sound’. The first of these was brought together by local Indie & Electro scene elder Dr Hitchcock and last
years compilation CD was made up of local Drum ‘n Bass and was compiled by local heavyweights Urban Notion. 2009 see’s RDU looking to another burgeoning scene as we bring ‘This Is Not The Christchurch Sound Vol 3’ the Dubstep edition. RDU sees NZ Music Month as the perfect time for us to release this CD to the wider community, to give birth to our new compilation while the people of NZ are celebrating NZ Music (just like Tupac) all eyez on us...

THIS IS NOT THE CHRISTCHURCH SOUND VOL 3 – THE DUBSTEP EDITION
MIXED BY J-RED AND L-QUE FEATURING: JOINT FORCES, TRUTH, DUTTY RANKS, L QUE AND J RED, RQ, ILWRATH, RUDIMENTORY BWOYS, CHOP DOG AND GROUCH

A few words from James Meharry, Director of RDU98.5FM about the Christchurch produced CD.

What is the concept around “This is Not The Christchurch Sound” series?

The concept was to continue to platform the excessively top skillz of our local heads – and this time it’s one for the subbass culturalists – DUBSTEP.

Where do you see RDU placed within Bass Music culture?

I guess with this being the first compilation produced of Dubstep in Christchurch, we should put ourselves somewhere near the centre – alongside all the heads who put out every week or month to ensure we get the greatest selections right on our doorstep.

RELEASE PARTY 10PM UPSTAIRS AT THE BEDFORD ON FRIDAY MAY 22ND.
$10 DOOR SALES ONLY OR $5 FOR RDUNITED MEMBERS.

FEATURING L QUE, J RED, TRUTH, JOINT FORCES AND DUTTY RANKS

Special thanks to Jagermeister and Christchurch City Creative Communities NZ Christchurch is continuing to win the race with hot new musical talent, don’t get left behind. For more info go to www.rdu.org.nz

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: This is Not the Christchurch Sound Vol 3 - The Dubstep Edition release gig
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem