Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Sick Disco
Posted: Tue May 12, 2009 3:44 pm
Sick Disco is super excited! Holy macaroni...we’ve got legendary
Philly kid DJ SEGA on the decks!!!!

Your rump will pump and there will be no avoiding it.
With an extra hot and inky VIP room hosted by Two Hands Tattoo!

Saturday May 23 - Sick Disco @ Cassette Nine

10pm and $10

DJS

DJ Sega, Kev Fresh, Dan Aux, Yam Jams, The Destroyhhher + Maya & Vanya

DJ Sega

DJ Sega isn’t your typical 20 years old. He espouses a knowledge of and enthusiasm for the finer points of music better than heads twice his age. Raised on classic soul, his obsession with music grew from there. “I love every genre, from classical to heavy metal,” he beams. “I understand it and love it all. If you see me without my headphones, then I’m going through something and there’s a problem.”

Currently holding residence Friday nights at Jamz Roller Skating Center with DJ Dee Square, and Sundays at Pinnacle, Sega is one of Philly’s most respected “party music” DJs. Sega is a man with a mission, he wants people to hear the music and feel whatever bad situation they’re in either doesn’t exist or won’t be a problem for long. “When you dance and hear music that makes you move, you get a feeling that it’s gonna be all right.”

Yam Jams

Yam Jams is all about buddies acting up, to a soundtrack that aims to please. Elbo-E started Yam Jams to find an audience to play all of the weird U.S. vinyl he was buying back in 2006 with DJ Manaia Toa aka Splash. When Splash decided to travel to Germany to chase a girl, Elbo-E’s good friend and "Lets Dance" resident DJ Rohan St Clair stepped up to fill in and never left. Yam Jams now has morphed into something quite special, playing everything from early house, rare grooves, lush NY dance and Hip Hop and Booty Bass, always focussed on making you dance.

Kev Fresh

Kev Fresh is the newest established member of the Wellington club DJ scene regularly plying his trade at Good Luck, Sandwiches, Vintage, San Fran Bathhouse and a host of other bars and nightclubs in Wellington city. Kev’s sound seamlessly fuses the past, present and future styles of Hip Hop, Dancehall, Funk, Miami Bass, B-more, Rappin’ Electro, Booty Bass, and Breaks.

Dan Aux

Australian born and now NZ based DJ Dan Aux is a genre defying frenzy of dexterity and flair. An accomplished scratch DJ and an internationally acclaimed producer Dan can easily lay claim to being the ultimate DJ package when it comes to getting the party started and keeping it going all night long.

The Destroyhhher

Creator of the somewhat arrogantly opinionated indie music blog Nerdy Frames, The Destroyhhher is one truly unforgettable dude. Spinning records like an angel from the heavens of rhythm central. Tune in to Friday’s late night Fleet FM show for a taster.. Don’t miss him in the flesh at Cassette this Saturday!

Maya + Vanya

Auckland-based DJ duo. Sisters, originally from Croatia. Have supported Crookers, A-Trak, Ajax, BangGang Djs, TV Rock, John Course, Goodwill, Aston Shuffle, Kasey Taylor, Bass Kleph, Magik Johnson, Greg Churchill, DJ Reno, Aural Trash. Have played Rhythm and Vines, Ministry of Sound, Slinky, Onelove, Electric, Torque. Promoters of the Thursday Tea Party. Regular guests on George FM.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Sick Disco
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem