Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Katie Thompson
Posted: Sun May 3, 2009 5:14 pm
Award winning local set to launch Debut Album

Hokitika's own Katie Thompson will release her debut album Tall Poppy on Friday, May 8th 2009 at 8pm with an evening of entertainment at The Royal Mail Tavern Woodstock. Miss Thompson will perform live versions of music from the album and will also be on hand to autograph Tall Poppy for the lucky friends and fans buying the debut album from the stage where much of her music was developed.

Katie Thompson is no stranger to the stage or studio. She is the recipient of numerous performance and song writing awards and appears on the Kidney Society Summer Fusion Album. Her music can also be heard on Sellaband.com which will finance Katie's next project through worldwide crowd sourcing. And now, with help from Dean Hetherington, Des Hetherington, Wayne Thompson and T.C. Wells, Katie puts her song writing and singing skills before the public with her first album, Tall Poppy.

The 12 track cd includes 3 fan favorite cover recordings but the real Katie Thompson will be found in the 9 original compositions. Her lyrics and stories are performed on a very personal level and accompanied by mature arrangements that display exceptional musicianship on the part of her band while never taking focus away from the well crafted songs. Of particular note is the guitar playing which plays a Knopfleresque role to Katie's Emmy Lou Harris.

Fans of country rock in general and Katie Thompson in particular take note. The Royal Mail Tavern Woodstock is the place and May 8th 2009 is the date to remember. Celebrate the release of Tall Poppy, see Katie Thompson live and be one of the first to buy the debut album of this rising New Zealand star.

www.sellaband.com/katiethompson

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Katie Thompson
Posted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem