Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
The Edge SummerJam is back in 2009 with The Veronicas
Posted: Sat Nov 8, 2008 11:20 am
REVENGE IS SWEETER TOUR
WITH SPECIAL GUESTS
METRO STATION P MONEY + MIDNIGHT YOUTH

The Frontier Touring Company is pleased to confirm the arrival of The Veronicas to NZ for The Edge SummerJam 2009. After months of touring abroad Australia’s favourite twins will grace NZ fans for the very first time in a string of shows in February ’09.

Fans in Auckland, Wellington, Christchurch and Dunedin will be treated to the ‘Revenge Is Sweeter’ tour as part of The Edge SummerJam 2009. Special guests at all shows will be ‘Shake It’ superstars Metro Station and NZ’s own P Money and Midnight Youth.

The Edge is absolutely amp’d to be bringing us SummerJam this March. "It's great to be able to bring SummerJam back after 5 years with the ‘Revenge Is Sweeter Tour’. It will be the first time for both The Veronicas and Metro Station to play in NZ which is incredibly exciting as they are two massive artists internationally right now. P-Money is NZ's No1 artist with his latest single 'Everything' No1 in the charts and Midnight Youth is our hottest brand new kiwi band headed for an international career so it's a brilliant line-up and one that will have fans going wild in March" Leon Wratt – Programme Director, The Edge

The past 12 months for The Veronicas have been the most frenetic of their lives. Their versatility has been on display as they’ve launched a clothing line, a series of webisodes, toured with the Jonas Brothers, Hanson and Natasha Beddingfield across America, and have received a plethora of favourable US press:

Blender caught a recent New York show and were thrilled with the offering, declaring: “…they flip off rock star moves with the ease of stadium-trained pros”.

Time Out New York declared of Hook Me Up: “(Kelly) Clarkson needn’t rush her return to pop; The Veronicas have more than compensated since she’s been gone.”

The New York Sun described the album as “refreshingly sincere”, and named title track ‘Hook Me Up’ as “the most beguiling pop song of the year”.

While the Examiner were pleasantly surprised: “Hook Me Up… defies the sophomore slump.”

Newest album ‘Hook Me Up’ is making massive waves in New Zealand with monster hits ‘Take Me On The Floor’ and ‘This Love’ charging up the pop charts into Top 5 positions!

“We’ve played some amazing shows across America over the last six months, but with all the surprises in store for our Revenge Is Sweeter tour, we think these shows are going to be our best yet. We can’t wait to see everyone and share the show with you!” Jess Origliasso said.

After thrilling fans on sold out worldwide tours all year, Metro Station are set to thrill New Zealand in support of their debut self-titled record (out now through Sony BMG). You’ll have the opportunity to take part as they support The Veronicas on all New Zealand show dates. With rock star moves and teen anthems ‘Shake It’ and ‘Kelsey’, Metro Station will help raise the roof at these shows.

P Money (Peter Wadams) is best known as New Zealand’s hottest DJ. After collaborations on Scribe’s massive hit ‘Not Many’, releasing his own hugely anticipated debut album ‘Big Things’, then following up with second album ‘Magic City’ he is now in the studio working on his third full length album, due for release in 2009. The first single, ‘Everything’ featuring Vince Harder, is already proving a smash hit, having been # 1 on the NZ Singles Chart for two weeks and added to radio in NZ and Australia. Winner of ‘Producer Of the Year’ award in 2004 for Scribe’s album ‘The Crusader’, P Money is a big name player who will be sure to get your feet moving and your hands up in the air at The Edge SummerJam 2009.

Newcomers Midnight Youth have truly hit the ground running. Initially coming together in 2006 after the roots of the band honed their skills in the Rockquest series of shows, the band rapidly utilized the experience gained from the New Zealand high school competition and channelled the essence of their tightly-wound live performance into the debut single ‘Supernatural’. Unusually for an unsigned band, the song attained national airplay on NZ’s rock and pop stations; and even more unusually, inspired a house remix from Tim Phinn locally, and a further electro remix by Melbourne-based producers Vandalism, released on Australian label Central Station. Debut official single ‘The Letter’ is at radio now and Midnight Youth are set to make a huge impression in the upcoming months.

This quadruple bill of pop rock goodness will be the hottest tour of 2009 and tickets will sell fast. Avoid disappointment and secure yours when they go on sale Thursday 20th November. Please visit frontiertouring.com for pre-sale details and listen to The Edge for details of how to secure your tickets first through them plus loads to give away!

www.theedge.co.nz

www.myspace.com/theveronicas
www.myspace.com/metrostation
www.myspace.com/pmoneymusic
www.myspace.com/themidnightyouth

THE VERONICAS
Revenge Is Sweeter Tour – March 2009
with
Metro Station, P Money + Midnight Youth

Tickets on sale Thursday 20th November

WANT TO GET UP CLOSE & PERSONAL WITH THE VERONICAS?
The V Experience ticket will help you do just that! Not only will you be seated within the first 8 rows of the reserved seated area at the show. You’ll be granted access to an intimate acoustic performance before the main event, the opportunity to take part in an exclusive question & answer session with The Veronicas, and you’ll leave with a signed photo of the band! The V Experience is everything you want.

Tuesday 3rd March - AUCKLAND – Logan Campbell Centre
Ticketek 0800 TICKET www.ticketek.co.nz

Wednesday 4th March - WELLINGTON – TSB Bank Arena

Friday 6th March - CHRISTCHURCH – Town Hall

Saturday 7th March - DUNEDIN – Town Hall

demon213

View Profile
RE: The Edge SummerJam is back in 2009 with The Veronicas
Posted: Sat Nov 8, 2008 8:27 pm
Oh dear! sounds pretty pathetic! haha! veronics! *Hurl*

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: The Edge SummerJam is back in 2009 with The Veronicas
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem