UsernamePassword

Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

amandashootsbands

View Profile
The Black Seeds in the mighty Tron...07
Posted: Sun Nov 2, 2008 6:16 pm
*Right, so I did tell you I was going to be adding more bits to my page...who knew it was going to be a bunch of old reviews?
Hah.
Nothing like a little bit of free advertising though, right?

Enjoy...

The last time I saw the Black Seeds play was at XAir in their hometown, Wellington. With a beautiful sunny afternoon in the capital to compete with, I wasn’t sure if the Altitude in Hamilton was quite the right venue for such a bright summery band. The shows I’ve previously been to there have always left me feeling deafer than a 90 year old grandma, so I was hoping for more music, less noise for the Seeds performance.

We arrived early to get a good spot, and it was lucky we did! Seems the boys are more popular in The Tron than I thought. The bottom floor quickly filled, so upstairs was opened for more people – I’ve never seen this happen at the Altitude, so it was awesome to see they have such a great following here.

On the floor up the front, there was pushing to get to the stage, but when the boys (finally) walked on one by one, the crowd was only worried about listening to their favourite Black Seeds tunes.
The room was transformed into a beautiful Sunday afternoon with the first song of the evening, Lets Get Down, followed by Turn It Around off their album, On The Sun.

By the time the third tune, Way The World was played all of my worries of turning into that 90 year old grandma again had disappeared…the music was clear with none of that nasty noise the venue is famous for. The instruments weren’t competing against one-another and each were played to Black Seeds perfection – right down to the tambourine.

Other songs of the evening included The Answer, Prince of Wales, Fire, Cool Me Down and So True which were all performed with as much energy as the last. It was refreshing to finally see a live band that weren’t afraid to smile and have a good time, along with telling the crowd how much they appreciate the support.

Concluding the evening with two top songs, Heavy Mono E and Sometimes Enough off their latest album Into The Dojo, the crowd went crazy. There was clapping, dancing and singing along much to the delight of the band and even the bouncer! They finished the show very politely with yet another thank-you before heading off stage into the sunset…(OK, the sunset part’s not true, but it fits!)

By the comments of people leaving the show, a good time was had by all, and I’m happy to report that 90 year old grandma was no-where to be found afterwards.

Amanda Ratcliffe

This message was edited by miss nz on Tue Nov 4, 2008 6:52 am.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: The Black Seeds in the mighty Tron...07
Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:45 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem