Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
A slice of heaven: Dave Dobbyn to hit Wellington
Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:13 pm
Hot on the heels of the release of his latest album Anotherland, it was announced today that New Zealand music legend Dave Dobbyn will be performing one show only in Wellington, November 11, 2008 as part of the AMI Pop Star Series.

And in a special treat for Wellington fans, Dobbyn and his full six-piece band will be backed by the Vector Wellington Orchestra at the Michael Fowler Centre, performing Dobbyn's new music and his collection of favourites that have left an indelible mark on New Zealand culture.

Dave Dobbyn needs no introduction after a storied career that has spanned his work with Th' Dudes, DD Smash and eight solo albums.

Ten songs written by Dobbyn appeared in New Zealand's top 100 songs as voted by APRA (Australasia Performing Right Association) in 2002, including Loyal (#3) and Slice of Heaven (#7), DD Smash's Whaling (#12) and Th' Dude's Be Mine Tonight (#27)

Dobbyn's new album Anotherland debuted at number two on the New Zealand official album chart on September 8, shipping Gold, and currently sits at 13th position.

This will be the second concert for the AMI Pop Star Series, featuring the best musicians in New Zealand performing live with the Vector Wellington Orchestra. The first concert, headlined by Che Fu was received with critical acclaim.

The AMI Pop Star Series is an initiative from the Vector Wellington Orchestra that pushes the boundaries of contemporary music by matching the power and grace of a full orchestra with the finest modern music by some of New Zealand's best musicians.

The AMI Pop Star Series 2008 presents
Dave Dobbyn live
in concert with the Vector Wellington Orchestra

For One Night Only
November 11, 2008 8pm
Michael Fowler Centre

TICKETS ON SALE NOW
www.ticketek.co.nz 0800 TICKETEK
www.wellingtonorchestra.co.nz

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: A slice of heaven: Dave Dobbyn to hit Wellington
Posted: Mon Jun 8, 2009 3:46 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem