Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Steve Earle
Posted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:11 am
The hardcore troubadour returns to tour Australia and New Zealand with his latest studio masterpiece ‘Washington Square Serenade’ under his belt (album released September 2007) and his beautiful songstress wife Allison Moorer to open the shows.

This time around, Steve has chosen to perform solo in the special intimate setting of fully seated theatre venues.

Steve Earle’s recorded music career has to date has delivered twelve studio albums and five live albums.
Steve has also written books both story and poetry and a stage play. In amongst all of this he does what we love him for best; travels the lengths and breadth of the world performing his music live.

Asked how he would like listeners to respond to Washington Square Serenade, Earle, characteristically, is ready with a bold answer. "If you feel like you don't know what America is all about right now, and you want to reorient yourself to what America should be about, it's a really good time to come to New York City," he says. "I needed really badly at this point in my life to see a mixed-race, same-sex couple holding hands in my own neighborhood. It makes me feel safer."

"I've been pretty heartbroken about the way things have gone politically in this country the last few years, and I seriously considered moving someplace else," he concludes. "Then I figured out that I didn't have to leave the country. All I had to do was come to New York." Washington Square Serenade – in its commitment, its values, its musical intelligence and, finally, its very American optimism about the possibilities for a better world – demonstrates why. - Anthony DeCurtis

Allison Moorer is about to release her new album ‘Mockingbird’ through the Proper Music UK based distribution label. Moorer together with producer and acclaimed roots artist Buddy Miller - has conjured a rich pastiche of the phases of women's hearts, lives, needs and yearnings. Whether it's a dervish take on Patti Smith's “Dancing Barefoot,” a stoic, proud embrace of Kate McGarrigle's “Go, Leave,” a winking nod to the naughty that is Nina Simone's “Sugar In My Bowl” or the elegant survival of her sister Shelby Lynne's “She Knows Where She Goes, the lithe songstress demonstrates diversity, eclecticism and the range of the XX chromosome set.

Since their last trip to Australia, Steve and Allison have relocated to New York City and have settled in Greenwich Village.

Steve and Allison now live on the very Greenwich Village street on which the famous cover shot for The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan (1962) was taken. In that photo, Dylan and his then-girlfriend Suze Rotolo huddle against the cold as they walk along a snowy New York street. It's an indelible romantic image that captures the idealism of the folk revival that was gathering momentum in New York at the time.

Steve Earle's gripping new album, Washington Square Serenade, is a loving tribute to that era, that movement, that music and the city that gave them all a nurturing home. "That period changed pop music," Earle says. "It made lyrics much more important. Rock & roll could have become a subgenre of pop if it hadn't been for that literary aspect, which completely came out of a four-block area in New York City in one brief instant of time."

Steve Earle brings his ‘Washington Square Serenade’ World tour to New Zealand in November 2008.

STEVE EARLE with special guest ALLISON MOORER

November

Wednesday 12th @ Opera House, Wellington
Tickets through Ticketek www.ticketek.co.nz or phone bookings through 0800 TICKETEK.

Thursday 13th @ Bruce Mason Centre, Auckland
Tickets through Ticketmaster www.ticketmaster.co.nz or phone bookings through (09) 970 9700

Friday 14th @ James Hay Theatre, Christchurch
Tickets through Ticketek www.ticketek.co.nz or phone bookings through 0800 TICKETEK.

All venue tickets are seated. Tickets for all New Zealand shows on are on sale on Tuesday August 26th.

For further information both current and historical about Steve Earle and his current release ‘Washington Square Serenade’ visit www.steveearle.com or www.shockrecords.com.au

For further information about Allison Moorer and her current release ‘Mockingbird’ visit www.allisonmoorer.com

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Steve Earle
Posted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:45 am
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • HOUDINI
    Eminem
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • BIRDS OF A FEATHER
    Billie Eilish
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • LUNCH
    Billie Eilish
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem