Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Gigs to go to this weekend!
Posted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:18 am
Here are some of the gigs happening around the country this weekend - you should definitely get out and enjoy at least one of them!

FRIDAY

For those of you living in Auckland who want to head along to something that isn't R18 there is an awesome gig happening at the Pioneer Woman's and Ellen Melville Hall at 7pm. Featuring Evil Tiger, The Bengal Lights, The Incident, The DHDFD's, The Mud Babies, The Randoms and Mechanical Mario and the Time Pirates, this is a great opportunity to hear some of the newer bands of today, while still hanging out with your mates.

Also up in Auckland there is the Album Release Party for Shaft - it's been a while since their last release in 2004 so this will be a great gig where I'm sure you'll be able to hear some of your old favourites as well as hearing some great new tunes. This gig will be featuring The Rainy Days and The Nudie Suits at everyone's favourite The King's Arms.

For those of you that would prefer something a bit harder Ulcerate is playing with Six Day War and Trial By Fire at a venue that I just keep hearing more and more good things about - Hysteria.

Heading down the country, Hamilton has two great gigs happening tomorrow - first up there is the Suicide Dogs rocking up a storm with Missing Teeth and Poisoners with an All Ages gig at Upsett Records. Then there is also up-and-comers 4 Second Fuse playing with Amy Racecar and The Hollow Grinders at Sohl to celebrate 4 Second Fuse's EP Release.

The only place to be in Palmerston North tonight is at the Stylus gig at Break Bar... we'll be there! But as for tomorrow night, the Hip-Hop lovers will be able to enjoy Frontline's performance at the Colloseum with PNC, Louie Knuxx and D-Form.

Our pick for Wellington on Friday night would have to be the Sharkfest which will be guaranteed to rock up a storm. Featuring Gomorrah, Carthiginian Solution, My Brother Got Mulched, A Room With A Poodle, Drug Problem and Workshy, it is the perfect chance to hear some new music from some great bands. This gig is taking place at the Scottish Pipe Band Hall - unusual choice of venue but I'm sure that won't stop everyone from having a wicked time... and it's All Ages!

For those of you who like the same sort of music but want something more well known there is Insidious playing at Valve with Vatikan, Slave Cadaver, Demon Fetal Harvest and the Dead Stoned Babies.

Jumping over to the South Island, we have the Fly My Pretties Grand Tour at the Isaac Theatre Royal in Christchurch. Featuring some of New Zealand's most talented and amazing musicians Barnaby Weir, Module, Age Pryor, Tessa Rain, Lee Prebble, Luke Buda, Mailee Matthews, Jarney Murphy, Hollie Smith, Ryan Prebble, Adi Dick, Nato, Brendan Moran, Dan Weetman and Mike Fabulous this is one gig that will not disappoint.

And over in Dunedin you can have your choice of either Donald Reid with Carly Binding and the Arc Cafe or Kitsch with Ill Received and Kill The Fake Patient at ReFuel. It really doesn't get much better than that!

SATURDAY

Back up in Auckland - it isn't easy choosing a select few to write about, but there's definitely something for everyone happening up that way on Saturday night.

To start with there is Dawn Of Azazel with Asphixiate and Exordium Mors at Hysteria. Then there is an awesome All Ages gig at the Te Atatu Peninsula Community Hall featuring False Start, Trigger Theory, Kingston, Callista, Silence After Summer and MC Fangs. Or if you want something you can chill out to you can always head along to P-Bass Expressway at Rising Sun with The Hot Grits, Uncle Barnie and Daniel Ward

Two gigs that really deserve mention are the Kaleidoscope World Series 21 at Grand Circle with The Pits, Miriam Clancy, Decortica, Bengal Lights, The Halloweens, Johnnie Rose, Brother Love, Alfresco and Prolepsis; and the Rock Factory Night, this time taking place at Shadows Tavern with These Four Walls, Amperzahn, Miscreant and Remains Of A Day.

If you were lucky enough you might be heading along to the now-sold-out Fly My Pretties gig. After hearing the album, the Fly My Prettie gigs will definitely be a night out that you can really enjoy.

Enough about Auckland... Saturday night in Hamilton will be one to please the Hip Hop and Electronica fans with Nesian Mystik playing with Adeaze, Tyna and JB at the Baypark Speedwary and the Oxygen CD Release Party at Monkey Feather featuring Nick Collings, Bennor, JayKay, Sophie and Mikeee.

Saturday night in Palmerston North brings Deja Voodoo to Massey University as part of their Re-Orientation celebrations, and New Plymouth gets to have fun with Stylus at The Basement Bar.

Wellington gets to see some awesome gigs on Saturday night including Part 2 of the Sharkfest, at the same venue as Friday's gig - the Scottish Pip Band Hall - but this time with different bands Wrongmen, Guest Stabs Host, Scab, Brick vs Face, Moment Of Truth, Hung Jury and Deathray Soiree.

Another wicked gig in Wellington would have to be Over The Atlantic at Bar Bodega with Hot Swiss Mistress and Dukes of Leisure.

Moving along, Saturday night becomes Christchurch's turn to see Donald Reid and Carly Binding at the Dux de Lux and Kitsch rocks up an all-ages storm with Ink and Inastate at the Christchurch-famous Jetset Lounge, followed by their R18 gig with Ill Recieved, also at the Jestset Lounge.

And the best place to be in Dunedin on Saturday is at the Dunedinmusic.com 1st Birthday Celebrations at the Bath Street. You can have your pick of all ages in the afternoon with The Taliband, Vanadis, The Bones, DJ Baden, Taking The Fall, Martin Phillipps, Hot Justice, The Gideons and Kill the Fake Patient or an R18 gig that night with Simon Kerr, The Gladeyes, Hannah Curwood, The Retrophonic Funk Machine, Delgirl, The Chills, Anji Sami, The Tomahawks, Aaron Sharma, Onanon, Soul Surface, Soulsellor, Sunley, Gestalt Switch and the Urban Terror Unit.

Full details for all these gigs and much much more can be found on our Gig Guide.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Gigs to go to this weekend!
Posted: Tue Jul 3, 2007 10:51 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem