Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
DAMIAN MARLEY & PUBLIC ENEMY - CHANGE OF SHOW DATES
Posted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:53 am
Public Enemy & Damian Marley shows have swapped dates.

Damian Marley is now on Thursday 6 April at Auckland’s St James
Public Enemy is now on Friday 7 April at Auckland’s St James.

Damian “Jr. Gong” Marley’s career is currently at fever pitch. He has just been awarded two Grammy Awards for Best Reggae Album and the Grammy for Best Urban/Alternative Performance.

Damian Marley, the youngest son of reggae legend Bob Marley, is celebrating the release of his critically acclaimed album Welcome to Jamrock. The single and title track off the album was a huge hit internationally and was the biggest reggae track of 2005 - The New York Times called “Welcome To Jamrock” “a contender for Reggae Song of the Decade” and New York Magazine named “Welcome To Jamrock” Best Single of 2005.

Damian can’t wait to come to New Zealand, he says “I have been told that New Zealand is a country that loves reggae music so I'm very excited about coming down there. Give thanks.”

The following night is seminal hip-hop group, Public Enemy who pioneered a variation of hardcore hip-hop that was musically and politically revolutionary.

With albums from It takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back and Fear of a Black Planet, Public Enemy rewrote the rules of hip-hop, becoming the definitive rap group of all time selling millions of records along the way.

Having just released their tenth studio album, New Whirl Odor, original members of Public Enemy - Chuck D, Professor Griff, Terminator X and Flavor Flav have reunited for the album on Chuck’s new label Slam Jamz.

Public Enemy will be supported by Daara J and DJ Lord. Hailing from Senegal, Daara J mixes rap with reggae, ragga and even Cuban sounds communicating a message of peace, unity and social justice. They are winners of the BBC Radio 3 World Music Award for ‘Best African Act,’ and have spent months atop the European world music charts. DJ Lord has been touring with Public Enemy since 1999 and also has been working on Flavor Flav’s solo project.

Tickets for both shows are available from TicketDirect and Real Groovy.

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: DAMIAN MARLEY & PUBLIC ENEMY - CHANGE OF SHOW DATES
Posted: Tue May 1, 2007 10:41 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• MILLION DOLLAR BABY
    Tommy Richman
  • I HAD SOME HELP
    Post Malone feat. Morgan Wallen
  • NOT LIKE US
    Kendrick Lamar
  • A BAR SONG (TIPSY)
    Shaboozey
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • ESPRESSO
    Sabrina Carpenter
  • BEAUTIFUL THINGS
    Benson Boone
  • FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • LOSE CONTROL
    Teddy Swims
  • I LIKE THE WAY YOU KISS ME
    Artemas
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem