Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
BlackBox says "The Kids Are Alright"
Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:26 pm
Deja Voodoo, The Have, The Fanatics, The Rabble, and My Life Story to play Launch Party to kick off monthly Auckland all ages gigs.

Frustration at the poor quality and general lack of all ages event in Auckland, has prompted Howick resident, Alex Hoyles, to start his own company (BlackBox) aimed at putting on monthly high caliber all ages concerts. 'The Kids Are Alright' concert series will kick off with a launch party on December 17.

BlackBox kicks off the initiative with a launch party to be held at the Britomart Pavilion, on December 17. The Rabble, The Have, The Fanatics and My Life Story will support headline act Deja Voodoo, in a lineup never before seen at an all ages event in Auckland.

The mission of BlackBox is to provide a series of low-priced, well presented all ages concerts on a monthly basis across Auckland. These concerts will feature well-known acts such as The Checks, Die Die Die, Mums Dollar and the D4, as well as smaller, lesser-known bands.

"The fact that 14-18 year olds are currently the largest demographic in most NZ bands' fan base makes it seem ridiculous that there are no regular all ages gigs being held in Auckland," says Blackbox Director Alex Hoyles.

"We want to give underage Aucklanders the chance to see bands who usually only play in R18 venues, and New Zealand bands the chance to a play to an audience that rarely sees them live."

"It is shocking that while there is a strong emphasis on New Zealand music', even at a Government level, under age music lovers are being left out in the cold, "

So far a total of 80 bands are involved in the concert series which will kick off in January next year and will run monthly in Auckland City center, the North Shore, East and West Auckland.

The Kids Are Alright Launch Party December 17, Britomart Pavilion, Customs Street, Auckland City,

Featuring:

Deja Voodoo
The Fanatics
The Have
The Rabble
My Life Story

Tickets $10 presales from Real Groovy, or $15 on the door.

The Kids Are Alright Launch Party is sponsored by Music Works, KiwiFm, CheeseOnToast.co.nz and Manic T's .

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: BlackBox says "The Kids Are Alright"
Posted: Fri Dec 8, 2006 12:38 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem