Remember Me? | Join | Recover
Click here to sign in via social networking

Gig Guide Forums

Shade
muzic.net.nz Admin

View Profile
Nathan Haines at SkyCity
Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 6:31 pm
New Zealand's biggest selling jazz artist Nathan Haines has been back in the country the last 2 weeks to promote his new album ‘Life Time’, with shows around New Zealand's main centres. His tour concludes this Friday night at the Sky City Theatre, Auckland with brother Joel joining him on Guitar.

After the experience of working and recording with the NZSO on this latest release Nathan promises to deliver a concert of intimate, classic music, in some of New Zealand's best theatres.

"Life Time" has received excellent reviews, and Nathan and his band will be performing several selections from this album, plus a host of new material.

Nathan’s brother Joel who wrote 2 tracks from the album, while father Kevin Haines will be playing bass, pianist Kevin Field and drummer Ron Samsom to back up the rhythm section.

Nathan has spent the last 3 months back in the UK where he performed at London's Jazz Cafe, and toured Europe with "Squire For Hire" collaborator and Jazz legend Marlena Shaw.

He also appears on the new Jamiroquai album 'Dynamite' and played for over 18,000 people at London's Clapham Common as a special guest with the Jamiroquai band in early July.

But it's back to his first love, acoustic jazz, that Nathan is happiest performing.

"The whole experience of making ‘Life Time’ was incredible, and even though we won't have the 80-piece NZSO with us this time, I'm looking forward to playing some of those tunes again.

"However, we've got some happening new shit as well, so don't get too comfortable just yet..."

Don't miss your chance to see the Nathan Haines Quintet live this Friday night!

FRI AUG 19TH SKY CITY THEATRE, AUCKLAND
TICKETS FROM TICKETEK & REAL GROOVY

Muzic Bot

View Profile
RE: Nathan Haines at SkyCity
Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:13 pm
This is an automatic reply stating that Muzic Bot has closed this thread due to inactivity.

This means that there have been no posts made to this thread for a period of 12 months and the thread has been locked.

Now that this thread is locked, you will not be able to make any further posts to it.

Please login to post.

NZ Top 10 Singles

• FORTNIGHT
    Taylor Swift feat. Post Malone
  • TOO SWEET
    Hozier
  • DOWN BAD
    Taylor Swift
  • THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT
    Taylor Swift
  • SO LONG, LONDON
    Taylor Swift
  • I CAN DO IT WITH A BROKEN HEART
    Taylor Swift
  • MY BOY ONLY BREAKS HIS FAVORITE TOYS
    Taylor Swift
  • BUT DADDY I LOVE HIM
    Taylor Swift
  • FLORIDA!!!
    Taylor Swift feat. Florence And The Machine
  • WHO'S AFRAID OF LITTLE OLD ME?
    Taylor Swift
View the Full NZ Top 40...
muzic.net.nz Logo
100% New Zealand Music
All content on this website is copyright to muzic.net.nz and other respective rights holders. Redistribution of any material presented here without permission is prohibited.
Report a ProblemReport A Problem