26 June 2010 - 0 Comments
Battle of the Bands National Championship is NZ’s largest R18 Band competition; events will take place nationwide, allowing bands throughout the country to take part.
Two months of eliminations will be held at multiple live music venues in the main centres of Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch during July and August. Each venue hosts a series of heats, semi-finals and regional finals. Feeder heats will also be held at some other regional locations determined by entry numbers and corresponding localities. Throughout the event, judging and voting determines each region’s champion; who then represent their region at the National Final in Auckland in September.
Calling all bands; registration opened in NZ Music Month of May 2010. THE EVENT STARTS SOON– Entries still open throughout June and July – INTERERSTED BANDS SHOULD ENTER NOW…
· Bands enter online at www.battleofthebands.co.nz
· For event info and updates TXT BATTLE to 787 (free to VF users, 20c other networks)
· After online registration, bands are placed into a heat at a venue nearest their location.
· Around 100 – 150 slots available for entries throughout the country.
· Heats run throughout July & August, with semi finals and regional finals through August into September and the National Final in Auckland on Saturday 25th September.
As well as gaining national attention, the winning band will receive a bevy of prizes including:
- Recording time - Musical equipment
- A National Tour - And more to be announced
Battle of the Bands National Championship is presented by Juice TV, The Rock & Hell Pizza. The winning band will record a single at Academic Audio Recording Studios, as well as receive fantastic musical equipment prizes from Jansen, Audio Technica and Allen & Heath.
The country’s best Live Music Venues will host Battle of the Bands events. These include Juice Bar, Kings Arms and Stampede in Auckland, Bodega in Wellington & more to be announced soon.
Thanks toa new exciting partnership with Vodafone and Run the Red, fans are now able to TXT vote for their favourite band. Results for all 2010 Battle events will be a mixture of professional judges, TXT votes and on the night audience votes; so everyone has a chance to have their say…
Thanks to www.battleofthebands.co.nz for this story.
There are currently no comments for this article. Please log in to add new comments.