Right now we are putting the finishing touches on our debut EP - we hope to have it out by the end of the month. It will have 5 tracks, which we recorded at a variety of locations - York St Studios, Auckland Uni and my kitchen - and we've really enjoyed messing around in the studio. So yeah everything seems to be going well for us so far. In May we won the R'Totos Band Quest and earlier this month we came 2nd at Battle of the Bands. We live for playing gigs and we're beginning to play a few more outside of Auckland. Jon is actually the only one in the band from Auckland and we find that the crowds get into it more the further south you go. We are planning a national tour in late January and we hope to go as far down as Dunedin and Queenstown. But we've only been together for a year now, and we were strangers before then, so its early days yet - we're still messing around trying to find our feet and having a laugh while doing it.
Check out more on Exiter @ their muzic.net.nz Artist Page.
Disclaimer: muzic.net.nz maintains no responsibility for the content of the following section. If you are easily offended or have a "normal" sense of humour, then stop reading now.
Who are your favourite New Zealand musicians/bands?
Daphne Walker, Skeptics, Sir Howard Morrison, Seven Dials, Jungle Fungus, the Auckland CBD Liquor Ban.
Who would you most like to support live?
UB40, U2, Heaven 17, Level 42, Sum 41, Blink 182, 48May, R2D2, C3PO and Bob Log III.
What is the strangest thing that has happened to you while playing on tour?
Someone fell over and peach teats.
Where do you see Meat-Bix in 5 years?
Split up due to artistic differences - desperately trying to earn some cash by releasing a best-of/remix album.
What advice would you give other budding musicians/bands?
Handpuppet says: boring is bad. having not-fun is bad. everything else can be made to work.
The Gaylord Jesus says: Don't bother; you will never be as good as us.
Tennessee Pussy says: Play brandishing a camel-toe. It gives you street cred (word!).
Dogfhart says: no comment
Little Known Facts about Meat-Bix
1. On average, people fear Dogfharts more than they do regular fharts.
2. Banging your knob against Derek uses 6 calories an hour.
3. Ronald Reagan's son invented sodomizers. Meat-Bix perfected them.
4. In every episode of The A-Team there is a facelift gone bad somewhere. And there is a Brian.
5. Hand Puppets only blink one eye at a time (but uses all three arms to drum).
6. The upcoming summer tour will be sponsored by Jehovah's Witnesses.
7. The Gaylord Jesus can conjugate verbs for 3 years without any coleslaw.
8. Women painstakingly flail nearly twice as much as men. This ratio is 7 to 1 when referring to Tennessee Pussy.
9. Gordon Lightfoot was banned from New Zealand because he wouldn’t wear a bloodied Meat-Bix shirt. Sticky has been appointed defender of Meat-Bix because she would.
10. The average poo has 6 standing ovations in it. A Meat-Bix concert has at least that many.
Check out more on Meat-bix @ their muzic.net.nz Artist Page.
Here's the artists we've added in the past couple of weeks. Check them out for some new talent:
|Shenaniganz||Catguts & The Big Bang Theory|
Congratulations to the following competition winners:
Pitch Black - 'Ape To Angel' - C. Monteba, Wanganui - I. Baas, Lower Hutt - L. Wallace, Doubtless Bay
The Snares - 'Dance The Dervish' - P. Fox, Te Awamutu
Tourist - 'Do You Feel The Cold?' - L. Collins, Christchurch
Enter our competitions now to win any of the following:
48 May - The Mad Love
Evermore - Dreams
P-Money - Magic City
Misfits Of Science - MOS Presents...
Cold By Winter - We The Living