The Feelers Interview
21 Nov 2006 // An interview by Shade
1. Congratulations on the release of your new album ‘One World’ – this is a great achievement, what inspired you the most when creating this album?
The promise of wealth and loose women. And free shoes.
2. If you could name one song from the album which you believe is the best song, what would that be and why?
I like 'Pretty Place', because we show off our musical abilities more, which may mean its only fun for us, but we enjoyed it anyway.
3. Who else worked on the album with you?
Tim Skedden, who is our touring guitarist and part time fourth member, and a hell of a nice guy, and single by the way.
4. How has your music changed since ‘Playground Battle’?
There are a few different influences on this album, the first song is a bit tribal, and there’s even a bit of country (and some western too)
5. Aside from your up and coming tour, what else can we expect from The Feelers during 2007?
International touring in Feb/March, we’re going to Europe and the UK/Ireland for quite a stint, as well as a show in LA on the way back
6. How do you keep in touch with your fans?
Tim roots them… Jokes!!! Myspace.
7. What do you think can be done to make NZ music even better?
Get rid of Tim, either that or more lube
8. Who do you admire the most in NZ music at the moment?
9. What advise would you like to give to other budding musicians and bands?
Don’t root Tim
About The Feelers
The Feelers formed in Christchurch in 1993. James Reid on vocals and playing the guitar, Matt Thomas on bass and Hamish Gee on drums.
Visit the muzic.net.nz Profile for The Feelers
Their influences range from Bowie to Pixies to Cat Stevens and beyond. They toured extensively around the country building a solid and loyal following. In 1997 they signed to Warner Music NZ and recorded their debut album 'Supersystem' this was greatly received selling over four times platinum and winning five NZ music awards in 1998.
After touring throughout the world they started working on their second record. 'Communicate' was released in 2001 went to Number 1 in NZ, Recorded, Produced, mixed and mastered by industry greats like Danton Supple, Chris Sheldon, Gil Norton and Bub Ludwig, this is truly an international album. Gaining it's footing around the globe it sold over twice platinum and continues to grow.